Policies purchased after 20 Mar 2020 will not provide any cover for claims directly or indirectly arising from, relating to or in any way connected with COVID-19 (or any mutation or variation thereof or any related strain). We will not therefore cover claims relating to any inability to travel, any decision not to travel or any changes to travel plans, nor any medical or health related loss or expense incurred, as a result of COVID-19.

Frequently Asked Questions

StudyShield Insurance is applicable to all legal Hong Kong SAR Residents aged between 10-30 for the insured student and aged 18-75 for the insured parent / guardian. Furthermore, an insured student should register as a student of an accredited educational institution located outside Hong Kong SAR.

Before enrolling in StudyShield Insurance, a student must be:

  • Hong Kong SAR resident
  • Aged 10 – 30 years old
  • Full-time student of an overseas institution
  • Policy effective date must be on or before the date the student departs for the study trip

Yes, you must enroll in the StudyShield Insurance plan in Hong Kong SAR, provided the policy effective date must be on or before the departure date of the study trip.

Yes, you still can enroll in the StudyShield Insurance plan provided you are registered as a student of an accredited educational institution located outside Hong Kong SAR. Moreover, your practical training still can be covered by the StudyShield Insurance Plan as long as you are not performing the duty of or being employed under a hazardous occupation.

Hazardous occupation means the job title or nature of the job is working as one of the following: aircrew, fisherman, armed occupation (including temporarily armed occupation), jockey, firefighter, mining worker (including but not limited to coal, zinc, diamond and gold), atomic/nuclear energy related risk, quarrying worker, race track worker, butcher/slaughterer with usage of heavy machine, railway installation and maintenance worker, chemical product manufacturing worker, scaffolder, construction worker, ship crew (except those working at pier only), container terminal crane operator, steeplejack, petroleum and coal products (refining gas, asphalt and lubricating oils), steel manufacturing worker, oil and gas rig worker, professional diver, gondola worker, dock worker, stunt person, explosives (use and manufacturing), aerial photography and excavation (including drilling).

Yes, even if you are traveling outside your country of study during a school holiday, the StudyShield Insurance plan will provide you with comprehensive coverage.

To ensure your coverage will not be interrupted, your policy will be renewed automatically for a further annual period upon the expiry date and the annual premium will be debited from the provided credit card. The renewal insurability is subject to the terms and conditions in the policy wording.

In the event of a medical emergency, please call the Chubb Assistance 24-hour emergency hotline at (852) 3723 3030.

StudyShield Insurance provides emergency assistance services. In the event of injury of the insured person, he/she may call the 24-hour Chubb assistance hotline for medical service referral. If the insured person requires medical evacuation to another location or return to Hong Kong SAR for appropriate medical treatment on the advice of a physician, Chubb Assistance will provide evacuation arrangements. Chubb Assistance hotline also provides the following services:

  • Loss of luggage assistance
  • Loss of travel document assistance
  • Embassy / interpreter referral, etc.,